Annisquam Lighthouse

The Basics 

Annisquam Harbor Light Station, formerly known as Wigwam Point, was first established in 1801. The original wooden octagonal tower was replaced around 1897 by the existing brick tower. There is a circular cast-iron staircase that leads to the watch room. The small ‘keeper’s house’ sits to the right of the main structure in these photos. Annisquam is a neighborhood in Gloucester, Massachusetts. 

 

The Beauty 

This stalwart guard poses proudly in front of an endless array of skies, and the different seasons of tree cover make it virtually impossible to have a disappointing photo trip to see it!